Monday 14 March 2011

Japans misfortune


So of recent there have been a lot of unfortunate happenings in Japan, throughout last week they have experienced an earthquake and a tsunami and what once was one of the world’s greatest economical country has now turned to nothing short of a dumping ground. May the Lord have mercy on Japan.
With the whole Japanese disaster it got me really thinking about my bible and the end of the world, after watching the movie 2012 directed by Roland Emmerich I can’t even lie I have a strong feeling that 2012 will be the end of the world, and with all the happenings of late it has enhanced this thought. Just last year Haiti was brutally destroyed by an earthquake, plus numerous ongoing  wars are spiralling out of the holy land as well as  NOW the earthquake that has hit Japan followed by tsunami which also affected Hawaii and some areas of the USA. These collective thoughts and observations bought my attention to a bible verse I had come across:
21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.


21:9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

21:10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:


21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. 

So is the world coming to an end? That for you to decide all I know is that 2012 for me will be spent in the heart of Africa; Congo

No comments:

Post a Comment